Museology can help you create a usable collections management strategy, vital for successful organizational growth.
- We’ll design and help you create comprehensive database files for collections management, including accurate location records, condition reports, and loan and exhibition records.
- We will help you ensure adherence to national and international museum data standards and nomenclature, so that users can easily find the information they need from your database.
- We can also help you document any uncatalogued collections you have, and clarify the delicate procedures of accessioning and de-accessioning of collection objects.
Museology will help staff and volunteers create proper storage environments for organic and inorganic objects in your permanent collection. Issues addressed include:
- Relative Humidity
- Air Pollution
- Pest Control
We can also provide assistance with:
- Assessment and implementation strategies to improve storage spaces
- Storage unit and shelving fabrication
- Packing and labeling
- Damage mitigation